Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Heartstring Designs - Wow Wednesday

Hi everyone and welcome to Wow Wednesday!  Today a few of the Craft Doctors and I have created some fun for you using this months "Summer Lovin" July kit.  
I have created a cute frame.  When I saw the kit I remembered taking my little pup Dexter in the basket of my bike and thought it would be the perfect photo for this altered item.  I began by using a blank wooden frame and a die-cut piece of wood for the top of the frame, both were not included in the kit, but were from my personal stash.  I covered the frame with selected paper and the adhesive ribbon included in the kit.
 I also inked all the edges of my project with Tim Holtz Inks.  As you can see I created flowers which I used my die cutting machine and scissors to make.
The inside of the frame I cut the small photo and slipped it into a banner.  The banner was cut out of one of the journal cards that was included in the kit.  I used an exacto knife to give the photo another dimension.
 I added chipboard pieces and pop dots for the 3-D look on the bike.
*****
Come back next week for another round of Wow Wednesday and more inspiration from the Craft Doctors.
To check out more inspiration from the DT Members you can link up to any of these sites. 

No comments :