Thursday, September 14, 2017

"Breakfast at Janey's" (or Dreaming of Breakfast at Tiffany's... lol!) And a lot of bling!


From the first time my Hunka, Hunka took me to a Tiffany & Co. Store and purchased my first bracelet,  I have been mesmerized and intrigued with everything Tiffany!  The store, the color, the luxury jewelry, the special treatment you get when you go there and of course the little "Blue Box"!  I have also watched the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's and have always thought Audrey Hepburn was such a beautiful woman!

Why do I tell you all this you ask?  Well, the Bunco group I have been a part of for over 12+ years was dissolving and everyone was feeling "blue" and we were having our last gathering.  It was going to be at my house and I was going to be the hostess.  We also have always had an "end of the year Birthday Bunco Party" over the years as well, so there would be gifts for that and prizes too.  This was going to fun and I wanted it to be special for these girls and a surprise as well!

I sent out an invite for the girls to bring a gift to exchange wrapped in Tiffany Blue and to wear black for the picture!  That was their only clue.  It wasn't until they showed up that I had a fun night planned for them.  We had a "Breakfast at Janey's"!  Everything was the traditional (or as close as I could get it) to Tiffany Blue, Black and White.  I served quiche, croissants, sausage, fruit, cheese and crackers, veggies cups, cupcakes with crowns, pretzels dipped in blue chocolate, donuts with glittered paper diamonds, and of course some blue punch!







 The tables had a gift bag for everyone complete with pearl necklaces, candy bags with diamond rings, and sunglasses.  There were napkin ring holders with bling, plates and paper straws.  I included motivational sayings shiny table runners and of course blue tablecloths.  Using my Cricut Die Cute Machine, I managed to make super large flowers for some of the decorations as well as the cute little lady on the each of the bags.  I also used vinyl to put "Janey & Co." on each of the bags as well.  I cut out the little black dresses on the mantle, made a few blue boxes, made fringe and so much more.  I just love the powerhouse of my Cricut!  I also used a lot of my CTMH paper stash which I will need to replenish but that's ok, it was so worth it.  It was so fun to be creative.  So with a little help with my Cricut, my Heat Press, a few ideas from Pinterest (although I do believe sometimes there are too many they become overwhelming) a patient hubby and a lot of long hours, I was able to get a lot done.  I haven't been able to do this since my girls got married and I worked at the scrapbook store here in town.  I did get to do a little creative work with MemoryWorks and HeartStrings Designs, but I really needed to exercise my creative outlet I guess! lol :-)



For our end of the year gifts (i.e. Most Buncos, Most losses, Most wins, etc.) everyone received a little blue box and in the box was French Soap wrapped in tissue.  I also made some sleep masks for prizes for our regular bunco gifts that fit just perfectly into cute little ThirtyOne cases which I bought from my daughter Emily (if you need to buy one for yourself).  I also, made tiles with glitter vinyl sayings on them for prizes.








Then we had our gift exchange of which we did a poem of "Mr. Wright" traveling and how he "left" on a trip and he wasn't sure if it was the "right" thing to do... lol!  After the poem was read, whatever the gift that you had on your lap was the gift you got to take home.  I had made a tile and canvas as my gift exchange.  Of course they were quotes from Audrey Hepburn!





I was just starting to have grandbabies when this group started!  It has been a great time getting to know these girls and watching some of them grow up and have families of their own over the course of the years. We had a group photo so we could remember this night and as they say... until next time and we will close this chapter and see what life has to offer!  "Tata Bunco Girls"... Stay in Touch
<3 p="">

No comments :