Congrats to MemoryWorks for 10 amazing years. Happy Birthday to you!!! Let's keep this party going...What's a birthday without something fun to wrap the gift in? I took the Simple Stories Baby Steps Collection Kit, a toilet paper roll, inspiration from Pinterest and created this darling owl. My girlfriend collects owls, so I couldn't resist. I used a whole punch to create the circles and layered them to get the affect I needed. I also took a heart shaped punch and created the feet. The beak is from a scrap piece of paper from my stash of other MemoryWorks supplies. For the wings, I just free-handed a template from the collection kit. For the eyes, again it was just circle punches with some Crystal Stickles for the center. And just in case you were wondering, I made her a fun washer necklace to put in it. She loved it!
Using various papers from my MemoryWorks Express Kits (which I love getting and have had a subscription to for several years now), I created an ABC & 123 Book. Each page was cut to 8x8. Using my die-cut machine I cut an animal for each page. For the title page and last page I used scraps from papers I used through-out the book. The baby can learn their colors too! I kept the pages pretty simple and not too lumpy due to the fact that it was a baby book. I wouldn't want small pieces in the babies mouth, so I made sure the pages were protected. The book was well received and I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Here are a few pages to share with you.
Next I created this Canvas. It would be a nice gift for the birthday girl/boy. I took a 12x12 canvas and inked the edged with Tim Holtz Walnut and Vintage Photo inks. I then took the Fancy Pants Wave Searcher Theme Papers - Floating and Shoreline. Trimming an 1/8 of an inch I made small trim pieces and then inked all the edges of the paper to make embellishments to the layout. Then I created roses from the selected papers along with more ink on the edges. I added self-adhesive Zva gems and placed them on the corner of the canvas and placed the rosettes on top. For added dimension, I created a frame using 1" strips and my decorative edged whole punch to create a sweet frame. I had previously cut a whole in the canvas to create the whole for the photo to be placed. I also punched wholes to pull the ribbon through for hanging. There is a little bit of bling in each of the roses and the ribbon was from my exclusive MemoryWorks stash. I am pleased with the simple yet elegant look I was able to create with this layout. I hope you do too.
Thank you for stopping by and partying with me... Party on!
1. Memory Works Blog (You should have started here)
2. Sheri Feypel www.thedesperatescrapper.blogspot.com
3. Lacey Igo http://www.laceybugcreations.com/blog
4. Christy Musack www.christymusack.blogspot.com
5. Jody Spiegelhoff http://spiegelmom.blogspot.com/
6. Rosann Elliott www.brooklyngirlnextdoor.blogspot.com
7. Jenn Bidwell Edwardson http://frommypapercraftstudio.blogspot.com/
8. Kim Hill http://www.cafeanglais.wordpress.com/
9. Kelly Holbrook http://kellyrholbrook.blogspot.com/
10. Cathy Hollins http://cathiehollins.blogspot.com/ (You just left here)
11. Janey Pumphrey http://nevadagal1.blogspot.com/ (You are here - Thanks for coming)
12. Sharon Hill http://ascrappersmemoir.blogspot.com/ (Go here next)
13. Caroline Piercy http://carolinescraftiness.blogspot.com
14. Lynn Darda http://mymwcreations.blogspot.com/
15. Christine Pennington http://christines-creativetherapy.blogspot.com/
There will be a *prize for one lucky winner !
Leave a comment at each blog you visit along the hop for more chances to win! You have until midnite to leave your comments. Winner will be announced on the Memory Works blog on Wednesday, June 27th.
*Prize is sponsored by Memory Works.