Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer is Well Underway!

Graduation parties, Mother's & Father's Days, Camping, BBQ's and Birthdays!!!  We've participated in so many events already and it's not even the end of June!

For graduation gifts this year I thought it would be fun to "dangle a carrot" (as my Son-In-Law calls it) for all my favorite graduates.  So I made these certificates under glass and entitled them "Break Glass in the Event of an Emergency".  So fun and easy to make :)

For all the grandkids' birthday's this year they are getting "Quillows".  So let's see Madison, Daniel, & Gary have all had their birthdays and Diego's is at the end of the month so this is what I have come-up with so far.
For those who don't know what a Quillow is... it's a quilt that turns into a pillow.  All the grandkids have requested their selection for fabric.  I hope I am lucky enough to find them all :)

For Sarah Jane's Birthday I wanted to do a cupcake that was totally "girly" and not at all Father's Day.  I came up with these.  If I had more time, I'm sure I could have done a better job of icing them, but I was pretty happy with how they turned out and she was pretty happy too :)

 For Father's Day, I wanted to give all the dad's a little reminder of how awesome they are!  I created these funnels with a note tied with jute and goodies for them.
 Two of my very good friends had birthdays as well, so I got busy creating gifts for them using washers and metal stamps, beads and such.  Fun stuff!

 I even attempted to make a cake for one of them to include crystalized/candied lemons.  Yum!

I also made several cards and a few layouts for the month as well!






I know there were a few other things that I got around to doing.  Maybe I'll go back and see what they are... stay tuned to see what else I have been up to :)

No comments :