Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Housecalls by Scrappin Madge - Wow Wednesday


Welcome back to another fun Wow Wednesday!  The Craft Doctors have been busy creating great projects with this kit.
The kit is entitled "Harvest Traditions"
With Thanksgiving just a few weeks away, I thought it fitting to share with you some ideas for place cards for the Thanksgiving Table.
First I created this darling Turkey… In lieu of the heart entitled "Give Thanks" you can put your guest name or leave as it is and put their name somewhere else on the turkey.  I used paper from the kit and inked all the edges.  I added goggly eyes for some added fun!  The feathers are created out of circles cut from a circle punch and I hand cut everything else out using a pattern I found a couple of year ago.  My grandkids will "gobble" this one up… lol!
My next project was another idea that I saw on Pinterest.  I made rosettes in different sizes by cutting stripes of paper at 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and 1".  Then I layered them to get a pumpkin look.  I added a cinnamon stick for the center not to mention it added a nice fragrance.  I also cut leaves out with my die-cut machine.  I wrapped wire with florist tape to make the spiral for added fun.  I also added glitter to some of the edges for a little bling over the ink on all the edges.
I added the tag using twine.  The tag was stamped with this month's rubber stamp.  I added a leave and washi tape to the card.
****
I hope you've enjoyed today's Wow Wednesday and I do hope you come back soon for even more inspiration.  
Keep on Scrappin'

Links:








1 comment :

jen t. said...

janey i love that pumpkin and turkey...!so cute!