Wednesday, November 13, 2013

MemoryWorks Day 13: 30 Days, 30 Cards

Wow… I can't believe we are already on Day 13!  What amazing cards we have from the MemoryWorks Design Team right?  I hope everyone is enjoying the inspiration and are also taking on the challenge of making all the cards.
Today, I thought I would share with you a sketch I found on Cardabilities!  Here is the sketch…
Using the Simple Stories Handmade Holiday's 12x12 paper pad, I was able to come up with my take on the sketch.
First, I started with cutting white card stock 4 1/4 x 11 1/2.  I then folded the card stock in half to make the card.  Next, I spritzed a chevron mask with Glimmer Mist for the background.  I used my die-cut machine to cut edges and borders from the papers and the holly for the front.  I then inked the edges of everything and went to town layering all the papers.  I also made a pocket so you could add an invite as I did or perhaps you would want to add a gift card!  As you can see, I've added baker's twine and ribbon to the tag as well.
To finish off the card, I added pop dots to the holly to lift it off the page.  I also used a white pen to give the berries a little dimension.  
***
I hope you have enjoyed my little bit of fun and come back tomorrow as our Talented Team Member Sheri shows us some more inspiration!
Keep on Scrappin'

No comments :