Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Housecalls by Scrappin Madge - Wow Wednesday



Welcome back and thank for joining us for another fun Wow Wednesday!  The Craft Doctors have more creative projects to share with you that they made with this kit.
The kit is entitled "Harvest Traditions"
I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week!  I wanted to share with you an easel card that I made that really doesn't have anything to do with Thanksgiving, but everything to do with being thankful! 
My eighth grandchild turned 1 yesterday and so I thought I would make him a birthday card for the big day.  I used the Carta Bella 6x6 Paper Pad that came with our kit.  I first made a base for the card and found some 6x6 pieces cut to fit and to make the ease part of the card.  Then using my die-cut machine I cut out the "Happy Birthday", Frog, lilly pad, and dogwood pieces.  I made shadow pieces to help the die-cuts stand-out.  
I loved how it turned out by just using a few pieces of paper from the kit.
I added his name at the base of the easel so that if he wanted to display it in his room he can!  Those that know me know that I ink all the edges of all paper and used pop-dots for the added dimensions to the card.
What's a frog "easel" card without google eyes?  They just made the card.  Of course I added a $1 bill for his first bill and he just loved it!  I did ink al the edges to get my desired look.  Can I just say I loved this card and I'm so thankful for my Littlest Grandson!  
***
I hope you've enjoyed today's Wow Wednesday and I do hope you come back soon for even more inspiration.  
Here is a little peek at the Birthday Boy having fun on his special day!




Thanks for stopping by today!
Keep on Scrappin'


Links:








No comments :